Welcome, yogis. There’s no doubt that in recent years, yoga studios have bloomed like flowers all across the map in response to the practice’s growing popularity. Whether you’ve run your yoga studio for some time or are merely considering opening one, we just thought we’d lay down a few helpful tips that go into making a yoga studio a success.
- While yoga is a spiritual and beneficial exercise as a whole, there are many, many styles that are practiced for different purposes, including Hatha, Ashtanga, Iyengar, Kundalini, Vinyasa, Prenatal, Sivananda, and Viniyoga. It’s important to determine what type of yoga you’re going to teach as a way to focus on one objective and not to confuse students.
- Location, location, location. At first, many yoga instructors begin their teachings by renting a room in a separate business or studio of an existing yoga practice. Once the first-time jitters of managing a business have settled a little bit, it’s time to start looking at rental rates for more beneficial spaces in your area. During this process, keep in mind the additional expenses of ventilation, facilities, and so forth.
- When you manage a yoga studio, a vital step in bringing in students is to expand your reach. Most established yoga instructors think outside the box by organizing retreats, for example. Another way is focusing solely on the demographics in your area. If your studio happens to land in a suburban area, then I’d provide techniques that cater to stay-at-home moms. When those students are happy with your services, they will recommend other students, which will encourage and grow your community of yogis.
- My least favorite word: finances. When you think of the peaceful practice of yoga, the last thing on anyone’s mind is probably the subject of money, but when you run a yoga studio, that is one of the main concerns. To succeed, you will need to have a handle on finances by knowing how much you earn, how much you spend, how much you owe, and so on.
- You’re in this type of business because you want to restore goodness to the universe, right? Well, what better way to do that than by making your classes and services affordable for everyone? For instance, you can provide special offers like class packages at a lower rate, rewards for membership, and deals for newcomers. Your students will keep coming back again and again, we promise.
I can’t speak for everyone, but running a yoga business and any business, in general, is hard work. Mistakes are made and long hours are worked, but the light at the end of the tunnel is that of a bright one. And, not to boast, but that is what HealingRadiusPro succeeds in. Online booking, calendar management, student check-ins—whatever you need to ease your workday stress, we’ve got you covered. Click here to sign up for a free 15-day trial and get the benefits of claiming your yoga business!