Show Them You C.A.R.E
Customer service is an essential element of any business, and it involves an assortment of skills! For a business to grow within its community and beyond, owners and staff members ought to give superb customer care.
Why does that matter? When you provide excellent service, your customers revisit again and again, recognizing that you take care of them! A great example of solid customer service is shown by Zappos, a premier online shoe company. With rigorous training for its employees, Zappos ensures that their customer service always goes the extra mile to make shoppers happy. Don’t believe me? Here are a few examples of Zappos’ customer service:
- One day in 2011, Zappos paid the tolls for the Massachusetts Turnpike.
- The company overnighted a free pair of shoes to a best man who arrived at his friend’s wedding shoe-less.
- Zappos offers free returns on every item with no questions asked.
- Zappos sent flowers to a lady who purchased six different pairs of shoes to see which ones wouldn’t hurt her feet that were damaged by medical treatments.
Zappos’ success has inspired companies like Amazon to take advantage of their loyal customers, seeking partnerships with the online shoe brand. Strive to provide the best customer service possible and bring more love into your business with these easy to remember tips:
Cheerful: Welcoming and speaking to customers in a cheerful and pleasant voice makes them feel valued and appreciated. Your positive words also convey a favorable impression of the company.
- With positive language: “This service is available next month. I can enroll you in the class right now and put your name at the top of the list.”
- Without positive language: “This service is not available at this time; it is at maximum capacity.”
See what I mean? Approaching not-so-great news in a friendly and reassuring tone encourages the customer to remain interested in your business.
Acknowledgment: Make an effort to learn your customers’ names! When you acknowledge someone by their name, it assures them that you have their best interest in mind.
Acknowledgment can also be brought a step further by letting your customer know:
- You care about getting it right
- You want to provide the best service
- You will not stop until it is right or fixed
Responsive: Customers regularly return to your business because of how you respond to their comments. Take the time to uncover what your customer is asking, and always answer their emails and phone calls.
HealingRadiusPro is the best tool to use to strengthen the connection between you and your customers as it enables you to respond directly to reviews and questions with ease. Try it today!
Another significant responsive skill is to maintain a calm demeanor around your customers. Do not let them fluster or upset you; in fact, you need to be their support during a troubled time.
Easy: When it comes to maintaining a business, the best way to keep loyal customers is to solve their issues quickly. Making your business policies seem easy for customers to understand is an excellent way to improve your service rating.
To master this technique, you need to have a comprehensive knowledge of how your business and services work. Understanding the details can help you quickly solve a customer’s problem.
Employing these skills might be the difference between a mediocre customer experience and an exceptional one. Practice and remember to C.A.R.E for your customers! It takes 72 muscles to frown, yet only 14 to smile. Which one will you pick for your company today?
Did you love learning about how to grow your business with customer care? Let us know how you feel in the comments below or email us your own blog to share!