Well-known writer William Arthur Ward once said, “Gratitude can transform common days into Thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” What a feeling that must be—to carry out a simple gesture, like expressing gratitude, that aids in boosting self-esteem, creating optimism, and building strong relationships. And while the team here at HealingRadiusPro understands it’s hectic running a business on top of managing staff members and treating clients, it’s not too late to thank those who help make it happen!
Take a few minutes to reflect on what or who you’re grateful for and then look at our suggestions below on ways to express it!
- Publicly celebrate wins of all sizes
- Send an uplifting email for the entire staff to read
- Provide unexpected breakfast or lunch treats
- Identify specific achievements in a staff meeting
- Suggest extra time off or a four-day weekend
- Break up the workday with an afternoon party
- Schedule fun off-site activities or events
- Build improvements to the office or studio
- Give a handwritten thank-you note
- Create a special announcement or shout-out on social media
- Plan an event for clients to meet and mingle
- Start a loyalty program
- Send a treat or gift bag to their home
- Make a contribution to their favorite charity in their honor
- Distribute free goodies and branded gifts near the front door
- Mail a card on special holidays
Expressing your gratitude as a business owner is very beneficial and Fortune magazine tells us why: “Workers are often more engaged when they feel appreciated and customers are more likely to come back and give referrals.” So, when you notice one of your staff members arriving 15 minutes early for the fifth day in a row, or one of your clients makes it a point to return every single time, simply say, “Thank you!” We promise it will go a long way!